|universal charger, in-flight scarf, travel guide, LCD writing tablet|
|family vacation in Rome|
Happy Thursday TET fans! Spring break is here! Some of us are packing and preparing for vacations or getaways. Whether we are packing the car, stuffing suitcases or preparing for a stay-cation, some preparations are needed to wrap up before a special week of uninterrupted time with loved ones. We all have favorite travel necessities: a good book, cuddly teddy bears for the kids, a pair of slippers for the airplane...etc. For a family of travel enthusiasts, these essentials have always made our overseas travels easier and enjoyable.
- Travel guide uploaded to iPad. Reading about your destination is a great way to develop interest while teaching children. If you are traveling somewhere exotic try to teach the kids a few words to get (please, thank you, yes, no & of course toilet!) They love learning new words and locals love to see children's attempting to speak another language. It's also an excellent ice-breaker. It's always a smart idea to learn about local customs, warnings or dangers.
- Travel-pack detergent to launder clothes in hotel sink
- Universal Wall Charger to stay plugged-in
- Boogie Board LCD Writing Tablet to doodle or sketch
- iPad loaded with movies and travel info to keep the kids entertained and adults informed
- Chapter book or stuffed animal for the kids to be entertained but also avoid home sickness
- Deck of cards for family bonding/entertainment
In Flight Necessities:
- Ear plugs | head phones
- Melatonin | vitamins, supplements or medications
- Cell charger | car charger if you plan to rent a car
- Baby wipes | facial wipes | hand sanitizer. The only scent that the boys in our family will use
- Snacks. almonds, mini packs of gummi bears, fruit leathers, almond butter.
Clothing & Accessories
- Scarf is a must on the airplane plus they're great to wear about. Did you know that you might be asked to cover your shoulders in many foreign churches? Scarves double as a blanket for the kids and even help relieve lower back pain if you are sitting for a long time. I'm bringing this one!
- Black leggings. Wear them on the plane for comfort plus they can be worn running or hiking as well.
- Sunglasses | sunblock | swimsuits.
- Running shoes plus boots or sandals depending on the weather.
- Large tote handbag or small backpack plus a medium sized crossover purse.
pring Break! I hope you'll share some of your travel pictures and updates next week :)